Happy Tax Filing Season!
Transmitting information to our office
Please send your tax information to our office as soon as you have all of it assembled. We will need your data at least 14 days ahead of your Tax Preparation appointment, and we handle returns on a first-come, first-prepared basis. To provide your information, use one of these methods:
- fill out our Electronic Tax Organizer, which you can find at p-f-p.com > For Clients > Client Resources
- upload to your To PFP portal on Box.com
- drop off hard-copy data to our office—please contact Ellen at 216-688-3737, ext. 102 to arrange a time for her to meet you
- fax to 216-688-1737
We do not recommend that you send your information by US Mail as COVID-19 flare-ups have us working from home for much of filing season. If you want to send us tax data by US mail, please call first so we can provide the best address at the time. You can reach Brittney at 216-688-3737, ext. 100.
Assembling your data: tax organizers
To assemble and send us your data:
- use our Electronic Tax Organizer, which you can find at p-f-p.com > For Clients > Client Resources
- click here for a list of the data we need
Because fewer of our clients have been using our hard-copy organizers, we are now mailing them on request. Please let us know if you would like one.
Our virtual assistant, Nicki Kuznicki
Nicki Kuznicki will be assisting us with tax preparation again this year. She specializes in tax and is very familiar with our comprehensive financial planning approach.
Nicki is the founder and owner of Executive Counterpart, providing virtual paraplanning services primarily for advisors like us, who are members of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP). Her background and expertise help us to provide high quality and timely service. Nicki will input information into our tax software and may have follow-up questions for you. If you get a call from Nicki, know that she is working for us. If you have any doubt about whether you can reveal confidential information to someone who contacts you (by phone, email, or any other way), feel free to end the call and then phone us back at 216-688-3737.
You may reach Nicki at 877-761-5381, or at email@example.com. As always, please do not email confidential information—upload it to your To PFP portal and let us know, or use one of the other delivery methods mentioned above. We will then forward it to Nicki if required.
We must ask for two documents from you before we begin to prepare your taxes.
- Consent to Use of Tax Return Information: We are required to have your consent if we are to use your tax data to benefit you in other ways, such as tax planning and investment advice.
- Consent to Disclosure of Tax Return Information: We are required to have your consent if we are to share your tax data, even if the disclosure is to benefit you. To make recommendations in connection with such services, including whether to provide them or to offer them for a fee, we may need to disclose your tax return information. For instance, we sometimes consult with other experts who may need your tax data to assist us in preparing your returns.
Tax Preparation appointments and electronic signatures
Most returns will require only a 30-minute screen-share so we can review your completed return with you. Please let us know if you prefer a more detailed appointment. We're happy to review your return with you in as much detail as you might like.
We will be using electronic signatures for returns that are eligible for E-filing. Of course, we can provide hard-copy forms for your signature if you prefer.
Extensions of time to file
Please note that in addition to circumstances where there is a specific reason to do so, it is our practice to submit an Extension of Time to File for any client whose complete tax preparation information is not available to us before April 1. Most years, our office closes for all or part of April 15.
If we ask for more info, make sure it's us!
You may get a call from us (or from Nicki Kuznicki—see above) requesting further information. If you have any doubt about whether you can reveal confidential information to the person calling, feel free to end the call and then phone us back at 216-688-3737. We won't be offended--we appreciate your caution.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.