Ken Robinson, CFP®
Kenneth F. Robinson, JD, CFP® is a holistic, no commission financial advisor who believes, “The moment you stop worrying about money, life gets better.”
Ken is the owner of Practical Financial Planning, which he founded in 1996. The author of several books on financial planning, including the groundbreaking Don’t Make a Budget: Why it’s So Hard to Save Money and What to Do About It, Ken also wrote, produced, and directed a critically acclaimed video about the economy in recession. He has been quoted in The New York Times as well as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and Money magazines, and his writing has appeared in Cleveland’s The Plain Dealer and in the journal Science.
Ken also owns Financial Self-Confidence, which provides keynote speeches and seminars on personal finance.
Ken holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, and is a member of:
- the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), where he serves on the Ethics Committee, and
- the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP), where he was elected in 2015 to the organization’s board.
- Don’t Make A Budget: Why it’s So Hard to Save Money and What to Do About It.
- Financial Tips For a Better Life—Simple and Effective Steps to a Better Financial Future.
- Financial Planning for Lawyers, a 6-credit Continuing Legal Education (CLE) course
- Basics of Personal Finance, a monthly column on financial planning for people who work for a living and don’t have time to be financial experts.
- “Financial Planning for Early Career Scientists.” AAAS, 8 September 2006, Science 313:5792, pp.1454-1457) Internet version at “Young Scientists Need Firm Plan to Make Up for a Late Start“
- Don’t Make a Budget!—Why It’s So Hard To Save Money and What To Do About It.
- Financial Calm In a Time of Change.
- Faith and Finance.
- The Fear of Budgeting
- It’s Not About the Money.
- The New York Times
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- MSN’s MoneyCentral.com
- Cleveland’s The Plain Dealer
- Professional Member—National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- Professional Member—Alliance of Comprehensive Planners
- Professional Member—National Speakers Association
Education and Professional Designations:
- AB, Cornell University
- JD cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certificant, CFP® Board of Standards